Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Jealous Bitches

Eyes On You
by Kate White
320 pages
$7.99 Kindle version
Eyes On You by Kate White is not just a story about jealousy and threats, but also betrayal, trust issues and complicated relationships. Told from Robin's POV, there is a suffocating feeling throughout the novel, and the intensity of her situation increases with the suspense. While I felt bad for Robin as a victim of stalking and sabotage, she seems to lack the emotional depth of a main character. It made it difficult to empathize with her. She also came off as superficial and materialistic at times, which didn't evoke a lot of sympathy.

I did read this book in one sitting, but I didn't wonder who as much as why...I wanted to know the motivation behind the attacks. I've actually known someone who has been in a similar situation, and I think they handled it better than this fictional character...which is kind of sad. Robin doesn't have the most likeable personality to begin with, and her lack of common sense makes me wonder how she could pass herself off as an investigative journalist.

I wouldn't be surprised if some readers actually root for the attacker. ;)

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment