Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Saturday Short: Watchers

When a mysterious noise rolls in from a neighboring town along with dense smog from a Chemical Plant explosion people begin to die.

But for Kyle Tanner and his would be friends that is the least of their worries. Trapped inside a small local grocery store they watch in horror as those left outside blister from head to toe with unimaginable sores.

And when it seems like it couldn't get any worse, this small band of survivors are forced outside to face the mutilated madness!



Watchers by P.A. Douglas is more like the beginning of a full-length novel rather than a complete story. I'm not sure if the author intends to turn this into a series, but I think he should. The zombies are unlike anything I've ever encountered in any previous novels. While that aspect is extremely original, the story still reminded me of The Mist by Stephen King.

Douglas wastes no time releasing the horror from above, but his choice of main character is questionable. Kyle is not a very lovable person, and I didn't necessarily care if he lived or died. I was mostly curious if he would somehow become a better man.

Not sure if I will follow up with this author or not because I was originally looking for something with a more clear ending...too many loose ends for my liking.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment