Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Dinner and Dessert

TWICE THE CHILL - Two SHORT Horror Stories by Rachel A Olson

FAMILY DINNER

Sometimes it's hard to believe there really are creatures that go bump in the night. Bey had spent his entire life running through the woods and never once saw anything to convince him there were creatures worth fearing. When his littler sister, Chensei, whines about the trip home at night, Bey only mocks her. Until she disappears beyond the treeline.

I, PONTIANAK

Everyone hates and fears monsters, except for when you’re the monster. I never asked for it, and honestly I can’t say I’ve really enjoyed it. But I am what I am, and I can’t change it. Hell, I can’t even control it. My name used to be Anastasia, and I am a Pontianak.



Twice the Chill by Rachel A Olson contains two great horror stories. Family Dinner seems like a typical "scary woods" story, but the ending is brutal and brilliant. I, Pontianak paled in comparison...while it is original, it lacked the shock factor of the first story. I think the author should consider switching the order of the two.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment