Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Beware of Shortcuts

Warm Shelter: A Ghost Story by Rich Hawkins left me more confused than terrified. I'm not sure if something supernatural happened to Alex or if he just suffered from drug-fueled hallucinations. The descriptions are intense; I felt the cold, smelled the rot, but, if there is a point to this story, it remains lost on me. I don't think Alex deserved to have his life ruined because he took a shortcut in an attempt to get to work on time. I'm not convinced that any kindness would have made the slightest bit of difference to the vagrants. I think anyone who crossed paths with them were going to be screwed.

However, this would be the perfect story to read if you were fighting the flu and full of cold medicine...

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment