Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Off The Beaten Path

After dark. In the park. A warning ignored.

What could go wrong for two college students looking for a little alone time off the beaten trail? After all, they're not hurting anyone. Right? The inhabitants of the Clearing would disagree.




The Clearing by A.M. Rycroft is a thrilling piece of flash fiction. If it wasn't for the warning sign spotted by the couple, I wouldn't have guessed who the inhabitants would be. Even when they did make their appearance, I was still caught off guard. I loved the ending, but the story left me with so many questions. I think Rycroft needs to send more characters into The Clearing or write another story centered on the security guard...maybe the same story, but from his perspective.

Rycroft is definitely an author I will have to keep on my watchlist.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment