Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, March 2, 2018

Tongue-In-Cheek, Throat-In-Teeth

Corporate Cannibal by Gayle Katz is a zombie short story with a twist I've never read before. I like the originality...it's so hard to find zombie stories with new ideas. Unfortunately, Erica kind of ruins everything with her lackadaisical attitude. An office building full of zombies isn't enough to qualify this as horror. The story comes across more like dark comedy.


I understand, when authors choose the categories to represent their stories, they want to appeal to as many readers as possible. The thing is, if I do a horror search, I'm expecting horror. I will always have that one key expectation, no matter how hard I try to read something with an open mind. As soon as I get the sense I'm reading some other genre, it's difficult not to feel disappointed.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment