Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Saturday Short: Snow

An epic and sudden blizzard is blanketing Mount Tom Regional High School . . . in October. A dangerous man is stalking the hallways, and three teens harbor a secret that may get everyone killed if they don't figure out how to stop the snow and the rampage.

Snow by Howard Odentz is a brilliant mix of horror and folklore...one of the best short stories I've read in a long time. I love the mix of characters: an updated version of the Breakfast Club, complete with all the current social issues high school students have to deal with.

However, the threat they have to deal with is one of the oldest existing legends in the history of mankind. Odentz portrayal of this historical figure is the most original version I've ever come across. The details of the library attack scene are the perfect touch. I found every part of this story enthralling.

This is the kind of fiction I can recommend to everyone I know.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment