Monday, June 8, 2015

Crazy Weekend, Editing Issues



I haven't had much time to read and review this week. I did finish a great novel by Lori Titus called Bell House, but it won't be released until July, so I can't review it just yet. Since I haven't posted anything in the past couple of days, I thought I would write a quick note about an issue that came up while I was reading another novel...

When I read a story, I base my reading experience on things such as character development, consistency, grammar and spelling errors, the pace…so on and so forth. You get the idea.

I try not to compare stories, unless I’m using something for a point of reference, but a great story with bad editing is likely to get a similar rating as an okay story with great editing.

However, the first kind would have a review highlighting the best story elements with some constructive criticism, while the second kind would emphasize what needs fixing with a mention of what is good.

If you’re going to spend the time and energy on full-length novel, you should always invest in a good editor.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment