Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

At The Water's Edge

The moment Joseph sees the girl he knows she doesn't belong in the hospital. But what can a simple orderly do? When he discovers a chance to heal, can he find the courage to cure the girl's true sickness?

The Dying Girl by Erik Lynd is a flash fiction drama about an orderly attempting to grant the dying request of a young woman. I thought I knew where Lynd was going with the story, since the author likes to blend mythology into his stories, but he managed to surprise me.

The ending is blunt and brutal...I wish Lynd could've revealed more about the patient and the events that led to her being locked up. This could easily be extended into a novella and I would happily read such a book.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment