Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Family Time | Horror Review

IN THE TALL GRASS by Stephen King and Joe Hill is a mix of horror, science fiction and supernatural suspense. There's a moment where I had a flashback to The Tommyknockers. The grass field itself made me think of the fairy circles which trap unsuspecting travelers. While the setup is a bit slow, establishing the bond between brother and sister emphasizes their fear of being separated.

The story is intense, and has a few scenes which might qualify this novella as extreme horror. I don't think this tale measures up to 1980s Stephen King stories (I have no point of reference for Joe Hill's work), but I'm recommending it anyway.

If you enjoy this, you should also check out MILE 81.

As always,
AstraDaemon

1 comment:

  1. I loved this story. For whatever reason "Mile 81" didn't do it for me, but I really enjoyed "In the Tal Grass."

    ReplyDelete