Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Staschy

There are a lot of great short story authors waiting to be discovered. One such author that I stumbled upon in the past year is Richard Staschy. He dabbles in several genres, and I've enjoyed most of his stories so far. Two of my favorites:

The Lighthouse has some descriptions that are so graphic, I thought I was going to throw up. The flow of the story was a little erratic, but, considering how chaotic the events in the lighthouse are, one shouldn't expect a smooth ride. It did feel like walking into a movie after it already started, but it's far better than a slow setup.

Love Hurts is psychotic. Who needs enemies when you have a friend like Mr. Chips? Seriously, the monkey is worse than the clown from It. I figured out almost right away where the story was going, but I still wanted to see how exactly it would play out. The ending is brutal.

I recommend Staschy to anyone needing a quick literary fix before the weekend is over.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment