Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Fright: Unnerved

Unnerved by Debra Flores is a crime drama with a touch of the supernatural. Although the buildup is somewhat slow as the author strategically introduces her characters into the storyline, readers will feel as though they are a part of the events as they happen. I thought I knew what to expect, but Flores caught me off guard with her flair for quiet terror. The very end is the absolute perfect way to tie up the story...pun intended.

I've never read anything by Flores before, but she is definitely staying on my radar now. I hope she keeps the writing style that she has...it's hard to find authors who can use suspense so deftly in such a small amount of space.

You don't even have to be a fan of the horror genre to appreciate the downfall of Adam...

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment