Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, September 10, 2018

How Long For The World To Fall Apart?

Jack is a loving father.  And as a perfect husband, he must please his wife who doesn't want to spend 7 hours in a car when they could use a T-Gate and reach their destination in exactly three seconds.
Except that Jack doesn't like T-Gates... But he loves his wife, so...
What wouldn't a man do, for the love of his life?
A short story without pretension other than to entertain you for a little while...


Three Seconds by Kane Banway is the best piece of science fiction I've read in 2018. In fact, I don't think I've been this horrified and fascinated since I read A Sound of Thunder by Ray Bradbury. Banway took a common scifi theme of teleportation and turned it into a pre-apocalypse of the human race.

The foreshadowing is excellent, but nothing could prepare me for Jack's terrifying discovery or the tragedy which befalls his family. The ending is anything but happy. I say this about a lot of stories I love, but this needs to be made into a movie. ASAP.

Of all the possible apocalypse scenarios to affect the human race, this is absolutely the most frightening, in my opinion. Even if you're not a fan of this genre, make an exception and read this story.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment