Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, September 9, 2018

Wrong Turn Becomes Wrong Direction

While traversing the backwoods of Minnesota, a young man and his friends are abducted by a cannibalistic old woman and subjected to unthinkable horrors...

Fresh Meat by Christopher Kai is a flash fiction horror story about a young man named Joseph, who takes an ill-fated road trip with his friends, Angela and Charles. Most of the story is told from Joseph's POV, until the very ending, which is revealed through a news clipping.

At first, I thought I was reading yet another story with a Wrong Turn theme, and I was very nearly disappointed with Kai, as I've come to expect more from his storytelling. However, the author delivered one hell of a surprise which left me floored.

Not only do I recommend this story, but I also recommend The Peruvian Doll by Kai.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment