Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Alaskan Undead Apocalypse Continues

Containment by Sean Schubert is the second book in the Alaskan Undead Apocalypse series. I am pretty pleased with this sequel to Infection, but I'm not sure I would say it's as good as the first installment. There is more character development, but the timeline in this series has slowed down considerably.

I am happy to see the storylines of the two survivor groups finally converge, but I'd like to see the author follow up on the original site of the outbreak, and let readers know what happened to the older brother. I'm a little surprised the two kids haven't suggested to the adults that they try to hold out at the cabin up north.

The series continues with Mitigation, which returns to the very source of the infection - fantastic hook! This is something I am sure many readers have been wondering about since the beginning.

The series plot is continued by revisiting characters [cut off] from the main survivor group of Containment. Schubert ties up a lot of loose ends from the first two books without rushing through the timeline.

Check back later this week for my review of the fourth book, as well as an interview with Schubert himself.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment