Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, December 28, 2020

Last INTERVIEW of 2020 | AstraDaemon

Author Christy Aldridge is another discovery I made through Instagram. Someone shared a photo of her novel SETH, and the description really grabbed my attention. (You can read my review here.) Basically, Seth is an evil POS who makes Damian and the Corn kids look tame by comparison.

I couldn't wait to bring Aldridge into the Lair...


Where did the idea for Seth come from?


I know a lot of people get ideas from random places, but Seth’s entire storyline and character spawned from an art piece by Stefan Koidl. He’s one of my favorite artists, and the picture he drew had a child in front of a church with a paper bag over his head and crows circling overhead. I couldn’t get my mind off of it, wondering what was going on behind that paper bag, and thus, Seth was born.

Do you consider yourself a horror author or do you let your stories decide the genre?

I think I definitely try to let the stories determine. I honestly don’t like the labels. I’m just me, writing books that I love and want to read. I’m not a horror writer. I’m not a female horror writer. I’m just Christy and I happen to write books, and I think, that alone, is pretty cool.

Who or what influences your writing, and how would you describe your storytelling style?

I know the standard answer to this question is usually to list off a couple of writers that really inspired you, but the more I think about it and grow in my craft, the more I realize that isn’t the case for me. My surroundings tend to influence me a lot. I live in the backwoods of Alabama and that definitely seeps it’s way into everything I write.

However, the people I know, and the ones I don’t, seem to make the biggest difference for me. My family, my boyfriend, my cats even. And I think they also help determined my style a long time ago. Character driven, real people often dealing with the demons inside themselves more often than the supernatural ones causing chaos. I like books about people. I like writing books about people.

Are you working on any new projects? What can readers expect from you in 2021?

Always, it seems. Only this year, I’m also working on some non-writing related ones. I’m planning to bring back my YouTube channel, as well as start a podcast. I’m really excited about that, but I’m very excited about the novel I’ll be releasing this year. I think it’s just the dark and disturbing thing we all need after the last year. So definitely stay tuned for that announcement as well.

Where can fans follow you on social media?

I’m on most of the platforms, even if I rarely use them.

Twitter: ChristyA_horror
Instagram: christy_aldridge
Youtube and Facebook: Christy Aldridge


If you haven't added SETH to your reading list yet, I strongly recommend it.

As always,
AstraDaemon


No comments:

Post a Comment