Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Google Policy Makes No Sense

Today, I received the following warning from Google, after trying to post review links from my Blogger account to my Google Plus account:

Dear Ursula K Raphael,
We've determined that your posts may be in violation of our User Content and Conduct Policy.
Spamming, including sending unwanted promotional or commercial content, or engaging in unwanted or mass solicitation, is not permitted.
Continued violation of our policies can lead to the loss of your ability to use some or all features of Google+ and other Google services. Learn more
Sincerely,
The Google+ team

I assumed that if Blogger provided a share button to Google Plus, it must be okay to post a link to the content of one Google page to another. All I did was use a feature provided by Google itself.

When I think of all the memes and other useless crap streaming on Google Plus, not to mention the fact that people can CHOOSE whether or not to follow my account, I am at a complete loss to understand how my reviews could be considered "spam" or "mass solicitation."

Until I resolve this with Google, please look for future review links at my Facebook and Twitter accounts under both my real name and AstraDaemon.

As always,
Ursula K Raphael a.k.a. AstraDaemon


No comments:

Post a Comment