Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, September 9, 2019

Deadly Fertilizer

IN THE GROUND by Shawn Weaver is a short story I originally read in 2015, before I became hooked on the author's work. I decided to revisit this piece, since I didn't post the review in the Lair, after the first time.

A janitor at the University of Wisconsin is being interviewed about illegally disposing the lab's waste and being paid to keep quiet. He thought the students were studying the anatomy of dogs, and the waste appeared to fertilize the nearby garden. Over time, he discovers the professor's horrific secret.

While the ending is somewhat predictable, the interview format is fantastic. This is definitely one of my favorite Shawn Weaver stories.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment