Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, June 28, 2021

Allen's Reality Check Bounced | AstraDaemon

THESE GHOSTS BLEED by Christy Aldridge begins with the suicide of an abused wife. Once I entered her house occupied by her late husband Allen, I couldn't leave anymore than Anna's spirit could. I expected this to be some kind of revenge haunting. However, the author has created something far more horrific than a vengeful ghost. Just as she did with SETH, Aldridge peels off the mask Allen wears to expose just how monstrous he really is.

I read this in one sitting, racing from page to page, hoping someone would finally catch on to Allen's facade. The ending is absolutely brutal, and left me wondering how much could be blamed on Anna, and what color is the sky in Allen's world.

Not only do I recommend this novel, but I also look forward to reading more by Aldridge.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment