Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Fighting The Good Fight

Demon in the Lines by Joriah Wood is another supernatural crime noir that I stumbled upon. In this story, two characters attempt to break up a cult ritual, although they have different reasons. There is a lot of action and a few surprises, but I didn't feel any concern for the main characters, not even enough to dislike them. I'm not sure if this story simply wasn't to my personal liking, or if the author failed to create a sharp hook.

To be completely honest...I enjoy breaking away from my usual horror preferences to check out other genres, but I have to admit that I rarely get excited over crime noirs, even with supernatural elements mixed in. Perhaps other readers will enjoy Wood, but it just wasn't enough to satisfy me.

As always
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment