Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

His Stone Heart

The Beast Within by D.F. Holland is a gargoyle story, which kind of reminded me of the animated series, Gargoyles. At first the POV is with the creature, then it changes over to a woman who has caught his eye. The story seemed to be lacking in both action and decent dialogue, and I only finished the story to see what the ending had in store. I have to admit, the big reveal is pretty good, but too many pages are spent on romantic crap to call this a horror story. I think Heather's POV could have been left out entirely.

That said, I think the author has an excellent idea for novel about a curse, should Holland decided to rework this story into something more grand.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment