Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Backup Plans For Backup Plans

Insurance by Matt Darst is a short piece written for charity. All proceeds will be donated to Stand Up To Cancer. The story is a blend of science fiction and crime drama, and well-done at that. Every bit of this time travel journey came with a surprise, avoiding the typical clichés and plot devices. Usually, I have trouble following the timelines of stories in this sub-genre (no pun intended), but Darst does an excellent job of connecting the dots for the reader to travel along.

Of course, when I read something I enjoy this much, I always want more, but I feel pretty strongly that Darst should create a full-length novel for his character Lash. Seems a shame to create something so elaborate just for a short story.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment