Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Price of Lust

THE STAIN ON THE LAKE by Matthew J Morrison is a bizarre tale about a dark village secret. The narrator describes falling in love with a stranger hired to worked at the local pub, only for her to fall in with the village playboy. At first, I thought this would become the confession of a murder by a scorned admirer, but, after the revelation of the village's history, I realized the truth is far more twisted.

While the story held my attention, the ending is a little disappointing...so much is left unresolved. I would have enjoyed more action and less narration, and I wish the Aunt had been more forthcoming. However, it's a great version of succubus folklore.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment