Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Kasey Continues Down Roads Less Traveled

SHADES OF GRAY (Roads Less Traveled Book 3) by C. Dulaney combines zombies and science, creating a mind-blowing addition to the ongoing story. The author introduces scientists who have created antibodies to fight the undead, in a shocking way...certain to entertain zombiephiles. I don't dare say anything more, to avoid spoilers.

The characters and their relationships are much more complicated, as they should be by this point in their apocalyptic journey. I find myself reacting to the people as much as the action in this installment. For example, I'm disgusted with Mia's attitude towards Kasey...as a matter of fact, I'm real fed up with the way the survivors are taking Kasey for granted (ex: treating her like she is part of the problem), while Kasey remains the main reason most of these folks are still alive. This book also features the greatest test of Kasey's will to survive. As far as Jake goes, I wonder if he will still be the jester of the group, considering everything which happens to them at Winchester.

Fans of this series absolutely need to continue on to PHOENIX, but only AFTER reading the first three books. The insight the fourth book provides to the series is quite compelling, to say the least.

When I first began this series, I never read anything by Dulaney before, but she has made quite a name for herself in the zombie genre, and I can't wait for the final book in the series!

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment