Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Getting Inked Up | AstraDaemon

CYANIDE by Emily Hagenbaugh is something I found through a search for horror. This is more of a YA supernatural drama, so this novella didn't live up to my expectations. HOWEVER, this is still a cool story I would recommend to younger readers.

The main character performs a ritual which merges him with his comic book creation. This concept alone makes me wish this could be made into a movie, especially since comic fans and supernatural fans tend to be the same people.

I wish there had been more fight scenes. The ending makes me think this has the potential for a series, but CYANIDE really should be marketed towards the YA fiction readers.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment