Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, May 27, 2021

Vietnam Cryptid | AstraDaemon

PRIMAL FORCE by Eric S. Brown is one of the stories I've been hoping the author would write. Brown has written about so many different cryptids, I wondered if he would include the one rumored to exist in the jungles of Vietnam. There are numerous reports from veterans about the creatures, named after their common method of attack. One could call this novella, historical horror.

The story is full of action, and not as predictable as some of the author's previous creature features. The ending caught me off guard, and left me wondering if the whole thing had been a fever dream or a waking nightmare. I'm recommending this one to horror fans who enjoy monster vs. man.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment