Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, August 27, 2021

Teenage Crucible | Horror Review | AstraDaemon

HISSERS by Ryan C. Thomas is the first of a series I have recently read once again because the third book finally came out this year. Despite having read this installment more than once, I still enjoyed every moment. The story centers on a group of teens speculating about their first year of high school, until a plane crash changes their lives and transforms the world around them. Their hometown of Castor is the first to fall to mutated undead created by a military experiment. Even after all this time has passed, I still haven't read any horror novels with abominations such as these.

As I stated in my original review, "These aren't 14 yr olds forced to grow up fast, or any other cheesy cliché...they are children who are desperate for the help of an adult - any adult...children who feel abandoned by the people who were suppose to protect them...children who can't drive a car, and pee themselves from fright." The ending is absolutely devastating. (You can read more about my first impressions here.)

If you haven't begun this series yet, I highly recommend it.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment