Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, August 13, 2021

When the Hunger Comes | Short Story Review | AstraDaemon

SHUT IN by Stories From The Attic is horrific because of the realism. I live in the States, and I've experienced several natural disasters. However, I believe we have a better chance of survival here than many people do in other countries. Reading the narrator's frightening flashback has me counting my blessings.

Even though I knew the narrator and his mother obviously didn't die, my mind imagined a horrifying outcome just the same. Much to my surprise, the author's ending is not what I expected.

The writing style is excellent and one of the main reasons I keep reading Stories From The Attic. This is one I'm recommending to all readers.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment