Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Pandemic Casualty | Science Fiction Review | AstraDaemon

FIVE DIMENSIONAL DREAMS by John A Connor didn't entertain me as much as his previous collections. Unlike the others, which mix science fiction with horror, these stories are strictly sci-fi. They also lack the variety I've come to expect from the author. Instead, the common theme seems to be: humans are a disease.

I've always thought humans make the best monsters, so I don't have a problem with people being the bad guys in stories, but there's no character development within these shorts. They come across as very impersonal and apathetic. This is quite a departure from Connor's usual style...lacking his dark humor.

Instead of reading this, I highly recommend THE OCEAN OF SKY by John A Connor.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment