Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Undead Train Trap | Horror MOVIE Review | AstraDaemon


I have a limited amount of free time, so I almost always choose books over movies. However, there have been many great horror releases in the last five years or so, and I've been trying to catch up with my watch list. I am happy to say, I finally viewed TRAIN TO BUSAN and everything about this film is awesome!

First of all, the Infected and the speed of the virus are frightening. I've always enjoyed zombie films, but this one managed to give me nightmares. Second, the train is a great setting because you have the feeling of being trapped, while showing glimpses of what is happening around the country...so much better than showing the usual news clips in the background. Last but not least, the characters are the perfect mix of survivors.

While there are a few obvious stereotypes such as the evil executive and the clueless parent, some of the others really stole the scenes they were in. For example, Dad-To-Be is like a freaking super hero, throwing down to save others, instead of just saving his pregnant wife and himself...he also provides comedic relief...definitely the kind of person I'd want in my survivor group. The baseball player and the cheerleader gave a coming-of-age touch to the situation, transforming from hormonal teens to responsible adults and rising to the occasion instead of giving up.

One of my favorite scenes is the face-off between the two groups of survivors: the ones who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves and the ones who refuse to leave anyone behind without a fight (not to be confused with survivors who throw away their lives in a wasted effort).

If you haven't watched this movie yet, you really need to make the time. I truly think this is the greatest zombie film ever made!

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment