Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Trust No One | Horror Review | AstraDaemon


On an October evening in 2002, Abby Fletcher went missing. Everyone in town joined the search to find her, but it was useless. The only clue was her bike, found in a roadside ditch. Slowly, people forgot about the case, but Charlie Roland never did. After 17 years of false leads and conspiracy theories, Charlie never gave up. Just when it seemed like all hope was lost, Charlie discovered something on his way to work. Abby, perfectly preserved, was standing at the end of his driveway. In a tale of nostalgia, delusion, and abandoned houses, “The Girl Who Reappeared” is a new, horrific twist on the time travel story.

THE GIRL WHO REAPPEARED by Dan DeLuise is the first book in The Witching Hour series. I'm not necessarily a fan of time travel stories, so I'm glad I gave this one a chance. I felt sorry for Charlie, thinking of how much he must be traumatized by Abby's disappearance. However, when he finds her standing by the mailbox, I began to wonder just how much Charlie's mental health had degraded.

I thought I knew what was going, but I underestimated the situation. DeLuise has created quite a horrific tragedy, and I can't wait to read the second installment.

As always,
AstraDaemon


No comments:

Post a Comment