Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, January 2, 2022

Stranger in a Strange Land | Bizarro Fiction Review | AstraDaemon


HOLLOW HEART by Ben Eads is like walking into a movie which has already begun and feeling like I missed some important details in the beginning. I was about halfway through before the story made any kind of sense to me, reminding me of bizarro fiction (something I'm not really into). There doesn't seem to be much to the characters either: vets with PTSD, methhead, teen with attitude, etc....not much in th eway of backstory, even with the flashbacks here and there.

However, the concept is very original, and I did remain hooked throughout the story, eager to find out more about The Architect and his project. While not my cup of tea, I think there are many other horror fans who will enjoy this.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment