Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Things That Make You Scream

When Benjamin is told he can't watch a movie he really wants to see because it's on past his bedtime, he's determined to disobey his mother and watch it anyway, knowing full well he's going to get into trouble if he gets caught. He will soon learn that there are things more fearsome in the house than his mother's wrath.

Benjamin by Michael J. Evans is something I read once before, but I can't for the life of me remember when or where. The ending still surprised me. For a moment, I was expecting something to come out from under the bed...maybe a battle between monsters. I would've been okay with Benjamin sacrificing his older brothers too.

The stories with children at the center always scare the crap out of me, and Evans knows just how to drag out the nightmare.

As always,
AstraDaemon



No comments:

Post a Comment