Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Sunday With Scribner

I'll admit, I'm trying to catch up on all of the short stories by Joshua Scribner, so you'll be seeing a lot of the author in the Lair this spring...

PICTURES FROM THE POOP DECK is a flash fiction short that is a combination of Christine and Alexa. The exchange between characters is clever and suspenseful, but the ending hit me like a reckless driver.

Scribner has definitely upped his writing style this year.

IT STINKS! is another flash fiction thriller from Scribner. I don't know what inspired this story, but it's absolutely fantastic storytelling! The thought of a man developing such an unusual type of superpower is mind-blowing. The ending is a great climactic finish!

ONES AND ZEROES took me by complete surprise. When I hit the twist, the story became quite a wild ride. I thought this would be a purely psychological short, and I enjoyed the plot so much, I'd love to see a full-sized novel featuring Nick at his new job.

This story has raised my expectations for future Scribner stories. The author is going strong in 2019!

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment