Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Throwback Thursday: Zombie STD

NOT-SO-DEAD TED by Scott R Antczak centers on an unfortunate tourist by the name of Theodore Hunter. He visits Cancun, where he spends some time with a mysterious, exotic woman. When he returns from his 3-day vacation, he immediately falls ill.

There is a lot of foreshadowing to tip off readers as to what to expect, but the main character doesn't have a clue. I especially enjoyed the dream sequence at the beginning, adding an extra dimension to the story I didn't expect.

The author's attention to detail is great, but it also made me want to throw up all over my Kindle. While I don't have a problem with the open ending, I wouldn't have minded some flashbacks to his time in Cancun (rather than his thoughts on his divorce) to add more meat to the story.

Too bad this is the only story published by Antczak, to date.


As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment