Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Reinventing A Lie

SINS OF THE CHILD by Shannon Heuston landed on my TBR list because of a random recommendation from some stranger on social media. I wanted a break from my usual horror, but I still require a healthy dose of suspense from my fiction. This novel delivered that and more! Told in both past and present, the author weaves family drama with a tragic crime to create a mind-blowing mystery-thriller.

When Polly receives multiple anonymous notes suggesting she's hiding a past sin, she fears losing her family and career. She also fears for her life, but decides to search out her stalker. After a few days of digging into the past, she realizes she's not the only one with a secret.

I've never heard of this author before, but she is an amazing storyteller! Even though this story was published in August 2019, I'm adding this book to my TOP 2020 list.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment