Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, March 27, 2020

Stay At Home With Scribner: Day 5 of 7

THE PAUSE GHOST by Joshua Scribner is the tale of two boys being raised to believe rock music is evil. Despite this, the dad buys them a boombox, with the mother vehemently disapproving.

Not long after they begin using the stereo at night, something keeps pushing the pause button. When one brother decides to unpause the stereo, all hell breaks loose.



This story is a trigger for me, and I don't care who thinks I'm crazy for writing this: I had a possessed stereo in college. Now, let me be clear, I am NOT blaming Rob Zombie, but I was playing a White Zombie CD when the disc was suddenly ejected. I took out the CD, and looked over the player, AFTER I TURNED IT OFF. Everything seemed fine. AND THEN IT TURNED ITSELF ON.

I unplugged it. There were no batteries inside of it. AND IT TURNED ITSELF BACK ON AGAIN. Understand, I am not one of those people who gets curious about supernatural events. I decided to give away the stereo.

No one believed me. My friends thought I was crazy for getting rid of a perfectly good CD player, until it began turning itself on, EVEN WHEN IT REMAINED UNPLUGGED. The portable stereo kept getting passed onto the next person, only to be immediately passed onto someone else because everyone decided the damn thing was possessed.

I have no idea what happened to the CD player. Maybe it crossed paths with Joshua Scribner and inspired this story.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment