Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, October 1, 2020

Halloween Reading: Consumption Week | If Cthulhu Was A Pug | AstraDaemon

In an apocalyptic, depopulated city, a young man named Bhu struggles to feed his ailing dog, Lucy. Phan, the local pizza parlor owner, takes pity on Bhu and provides the meat Lucy needs so she can survive.

But what exactly is in the meat? And how far is Bhu willing to go to save his dog?

COSMIC CRUST by Alex Sherman is delightful, even with all the horrific imagery. Somehow the world dying doesn't seem so bad, knowing a guy loves his dog so much. Lucy is awesome. I'm strangely okay with this apocalypse scenario.

As always,
AstraDaemon

P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment to enter the giveaway for this week's autographed paperback.

4 comments:

  1. I picked this up this morning. I'll leave my thoughts when I finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome. I'm always curious what others think of this story.

      Delete
  2. Thar ending though... very visual and disturbing. Needless to say, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete