Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Halloween Reading: Undead Week | Kevin | AstraDaemon

 
THE UNDEAD HAZE by Eloise J Knapp is the second book in her zombie trilogy. The irony is I like Cyrus this time around (I despised him in the first book), but this sequel aggravated me, even more than the first installment. Cyrus would escape one mess, only to find himself in another, and, after a while, the same survive the "crazies" over and over.

There are plenty of plot twists to keep me hooked into this series, so I am still looking forward to the next book. However, I hope there are major changes with the characters because I don't know if I can take anymore of their negative attitudes. I'd like to see them stop blaming each other for everything that goes wrong, and take some personal responsibility.

To her credit, Knapp has some excellent zombie action...as much as I'm complaining, this story is definitely NOT boring -- just exhausting at times. I also like the way Knapp ended the book; the epilogue is much better than a cliff-hanger.

I'm looking forward to the confrontation between three of the main characters in the next book, and hoping to see some of the supporting characters again.

As always,
AstraDaemon

P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment to enter the giveaway for this week's autographed book series. The end of the contest will be delayed to Oct 27th, due to a family emergency.

1 comment:

  1. I had a chance to read these years ago and even met Ms. Knapp (who is a hoot) and her book: Anamnesis is still one that I go back to reading from time to time.

    ReplyDelete