Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, October 19, 2020

Halloween Reading: Undead Week | DEAD TIDE | AstraDaemon


The DEAD TIDE series by Stephen A North is kind of like a zombie soap opera: lots of characters, a rotating POV, and plenty of dramatic scenes...with the undead. I never knew who was going to live or die, and I never knew what particular obstacles each character would face.

This week, the giveaway prize will be autographed copies of Books 1-3 in North's series (RAGE, Book 4, is currently undergoing a revision process).


In order to enter, just leave a comment on one of the Undead Week posts. A winner will be chosen the evening of October 27th (later than usual), due to a family emergency.

As always,
AstraDaemon

7 comments:

  1. It sounds a lot like Joe McKinney's "Dead World" series. If you have not had a chance, they are really well put together, especially the first portions of them as they are written from the perspective of a police officer at the beginning of a ZA, and Joe is currently a cop, so you get awesome insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've reviewed the Dead World series here at the Lair within the last year.

      Delete
    2. Not sure if this knowledge will help, Ed, but I'm a former Army MP, and I had direct feedback from a homicide detective while writing these books. :)

      Delete
  2. It does Stephen, and I thank you for your service. I myself was in the five o'deuce of the 101st Airborne for more than a few years and appreciate when someone can parlay their experiences into a story (or two)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Ed, and thank you for your service. Guess you jumped out of quite a few perfectly good aircraft. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have my wings but am lucky enough to not have been a "5 jump chump" as they refer to them. I was in charge of rigging when in the air and the radios when I was supporting LEGS but my home was always the air (either by rotor or fixed) :)

      Delete
  4. I loved the First book in this series. It's fast-paced and seriously gritty. I have read many of Mr. North's short stories as well.

    ReplyDelete