Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Halloween Reading: Wolf Week | Study Break | AstraDaemon

 

AUTUMN MOON by J.T. McCallum is a flash fiction piece about a werewolf attacking a local tavern. A young student attempts to escape, and I laughed at all the things which went wrong with the attempt. I'm not sure the author meant for the scene to be amusing, but I can't help myself...it's a laugh or cry situation.

The ending isn't much of a surprise, but I do wonder what the werewolf's backstory is.

As always,
AstraDaemon

P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment to enter the giveaway for this week's autographed paperback.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I never know if I should feel bad about laughing or not...

      Delete
  2. Laughing is normal, most authors expect some to laugh at the madness they have wrought. I laughed while reading "The Stand" at the "tastes like chicken" and pretty much every m-o-o-n, that spells hilarity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any and all emotions should come into play when enjoying a book of movie.

    ReplyDelete