Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, October 16, 2020

Halloween Reading: Wolf Week | Werewolf For Kids | AstraDaemon

CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF by Stephen King is better known by some as Silver Bullet, but there is a huge difference between the movie and the novella, and I encourage horror fans to read the written story.

However, while this is not a terrible werewolf tale, this is not an example of King's best work -- not even close. If you're expecting something on the level of The Mist or The Raft, you'll be disappointed. This is more YA fiction than anything...King-lite for kids.

I recommend The Sun Dog for a more frightening canine.

As always,
AstraDaemon

P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment to enter the giveaway for this week's PERSONALIZED autographed paperback.

5 comments:

  1. I agree, this isn't close King's best. It's nice for collectors and my copy has the coll illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Clark, it's an interesting story and very kid-lit but it's not King. There were a few of his books put out during that time that made me think that Tabby was writing them and Uncle Stevie stamped his name on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Small World by Tabitha King, but I think every author slips up once in a while.

      Delete
    2. I've never read SMALL WORLD, by Tabitha King. Is it horror?

      Delete
    3. A mix of sci-fi and horror. I remember thinking she's as twisted as her husband.

      Delete