Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Friday, February 5, 2021

Silent Souls | AstraDaemon

LIFESONG by Julia Blake is nothing like the fiction I usually read, but I've enjoyed her writing style in the past, so I thought I would read something else by the author. Based on the description, I expected a sci-fi story about mankind being a plague upon the Earth. However, there is a deeper message within this story, coming from a place of hope, rather than condemnation of our species.

I found the setup to be slow-paced, with heavy emphasis on the lifesongs of the main character's world, making me rather impatient for the story to get underway...which became rather ironic, once I realized how our world appears to the traveler.

Blake's contrast of the two worlds reminded me of a quote by Neale Donald Walsch, “If you think your life is about doing-ness, you do not understand what you are about. Your soul doesn’t care what you do for a living and when your life is over, neither will you. Your soul cares only about what you’re being while you’re doing whatever you’re doing. It is a state of being-ness the soul is after, not a state of doing-ness.”

Lifesong is the power of choice: if we choose to change from just existing to make a living to living a life where we are doing what we love, we will connect in a way which benefits the planet as well as ourselves. Until then, the disconnect in our world allows an infection to poison our world in numerous ways, as has happened with other worlds. The revelation of the main character towards the end has given me serious food for thought. 

I also recommend Blake's THE FOREST, folklore woven with suspense, drama and romance.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment