Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Pound Dirt | AstraDaemon

RUN TO GROUND by Jasper Bark is a short story about a guy who keeps running away from the consequences of his actions, some of which are so depraved, necrophilia looks reasonable in comparison. The consequences finally catch up. Definitely extreme horror, which I was not prepared for.

There is also another story included, HOW THE DARK BLEEDS, which is horrific in an entirely different way. I guessed correctly what Stephanie's issue is, but the way the author ties everything into an ancient mythos is quite intriguing.

I'm not entirely sure I have a strong enough stomach for Bark's creations, but I think I will be reading more of his stories, out of morbid curiosity, if for no other reason. I think horror fans are going to be down with Bark's sickness.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment