Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Unearthed | Horror Review

OGROMNY by Armand Rosamilia is a horror novella which shares the same fictional world as THE BEAST, FROZEN IN ICE, THE SEA WAS ANGRY, ABANDONED and TRAPPED (and I recommend all of them, just read TRAPPED last).

"Ogromny Means Huge.

Twelve years ago something massive burst from the mountains near Okha, Russia, shedding wicked creatures when attacked, before walking into the Pacific Ocean.

Walking directly toward the United States coastline.

Four thousand miles later it is headed straight toward San Francisco and the destruction of a city and its inhabitants, unless doctors Volkoff and Sokolov can figure out how to stop it."

This is my new favorite story by Rosamilia. To be brutally honest, I didn't read it when it first came out because I'm not really a fan of the Kaiju genre. I only read this because this story is linked to another. I'm so glad I gave this novella a chance. The description of the huge creatures is absolutely enthralling.

The ending is horrifying, and I'm hoping the author might write sequel. Usually I'm upset if I'm left with questions, but, in this case, the missing information heightens the terror. I highly recommend this one to all readers.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment