Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Baby Step | Horror Review | AstraDaemon

THE LAST CALL HOME by Matt Shaw should not be read by anyone home alone at night. While this is not nearly as shocking and gore-filled as most of his other stories, the likelihood of this happening in real life is too damn high for comfort. I'm just glad my dog is more reactive than Dexter.

The ending is nothing close to anything I imagined. I thought maybe Ben went off the rails, or Jim had some kind of personality disorder. I also couldn't help but wonder why they never changed the bloody locks.

This may not be a favorite with Shaw's extreme fans, but this is a great starter for tourists to the horror genre...if you like the author's writing style, you should read Octopus afterwards.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment