Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Samuel Brower Is Scary AF!!

Samuel Brower is an author that I stumbled upon a couple of years ago, and I became an instant fan. Here at the Lair, I've written about his work a couple of time in the past, Works of  Short Fiction and The Rail Yard Apparitions. I finally had time to look him up again to see what he's been writing...

There's Something In The Walls is a fantastic novella which needs to be made into a horror movie ASAP. Brower first draws the reader in with a humorous introduction to the tenants of the Perkins Building, during an earthquake evacuation. At least, I think it is meant to be a funny hook...I laughed so hard at David in his Ambien haze, I peed myself. Then Brower lets the terror flow, or, rather, ooze from one page to the next.

Something old and ancient has made its way into the walls. Nothing as complicated as Lovecraft's Cthulhu, but a reminder that mankind is not the top of the food chain. Pay attention to the discussions about the people who live in the building because, when everything goes to hell, you'll be devastated when you realize who never made it out.

It's less than 100 pages, so I strongly recommend horror fans add this story to their collections!

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment