Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Horror Needs More Stories Like This

The Murder Seat by Noel Coughlan reminds me of a classic horror story along the lines of Edgar Allan Poe. The suspense is well-written, and I felt the fear and guilt that overwhelms Herbert as if it were my own. I loved it...I never knew what to expect, and the ending is a perfect tragedy.

I think if more people read stories like this one, the horror genre wouldn't have the reputation of the predictable, all-special-effects-no-plot garbage fest Hollywood has turned it into. I truly wish writers like Noel Coughlan were given more attention than sell-out Stephen King...maybe then, readers would be reminded of why they fell in love with books in the first place.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment