Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Confusing Abduction

In this short tale of horror, a trip to the supermarket turns into a nightmarish ordeal for a mother and her young son.

Lure by D.W. Nathan is a flash fiction piece about a child abduction, but the twist is easy to miss after slogging through the endless descriptions. I understand what the author tried to accomplish with describing the various shoppers, but it's sure to lose readers in one of the aisles.

I think the story might go over better, if Nathan just skips the shopping trip and skips to the last few scenes of panic.

It's always been hit or miss when I read a D.W. Nathan story...this one isn't a miss, but I've read better by the author. I recommend MUSE or INFESTED, instead of Lure.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment