Welcome to the Lair!

Exploring dark alleys. Discovering new nightmares. Revisiting the masters.

Monday, November 19, 2018

Ashes to Ashes

The stones uncovered by a young couple in the back garden of their new home seem harmless, even useful--until the nightmares start. Now they must look to the past for answers before a malevolent entity drives them away...or worse.

The Girl in the Stones by Sherry D. Ramsey captivated me from the moment the cat freaked out. From Gillian's nightmares to her grandfather's dementia, the author does a great job of building suspense and creating suspicion. After the mystery of the fires is revealed, I wondered how peace could ever be attained.

As much as I enjoyed this short story, I'm left with so many questions, I wish the author would consider writing another story about Alice.

As always,
AstraDaemon

No comments:

Post a Comment